Sunday, February 14, 2010

Look who's 1 Week Old!



















Just a few things I want to remember about this last week. Thank you to the kind and generous ward members that have checked on me and shown concern and love for our family this whole last month. It will never be forgotten. Thank you to my two sweet sister in laws that have been good friends and support to us also. My kids have enjoyed the play time as well, you have been lifesavers.
The months of December and January were very unique and trying times for this little family. Most of it is personal, and I will write about it privately for myself, but I do want to add to this entry that we are so blessed!! I know that we can do hard things and go through hard things, and that we are truly blessed. Kade and I have spoken more of this in the last month of our lives than we have since Kash was born. I understand that sometimes even though we don't know what we need, Heavenly Father knows what we need, and its good to be humbled sometimes and feel helpless so that our faith can grow and to grow stronger spiritually. I am grateful for so many, many things that we have and the things that we don't have. Having a new life and spirit in your home always does help bring perspective and make things clearer, and that has just intensified my already deep gratitude I have felt for my Heavenly Father these last few weeks.

A few things about Oaklynn. This little, beautiful girl is THE sweetest, calmest, mellowest baby I could have ever even dreamed of. People keep telling me to enjoy it while it lasts, and I am. But again, I am grateful to have her, and the calm and peace she has brought to our home. Her contentment radiates on all of us and Kash and Kadence just love her and love to be around her. She has yet to cry. Its so crazy to say that, but she has not screamed or cried loudly since she was first born. She will squeak, and start to fuss a little when she needs me but even when being bathed or changed with cold wipes sometimes... she is just happy as can be. I have had her at the doctor twice this last week, and even being undressed and weighed and getting her check ups she still doesn't protest much at all. She is an excellent eater and sleeps like a newborn does... not as much as you would like. :) She has terrible acid reflux and is uncomfortable a lot of the time, it makes my heart hurt to see her squirm. Its the little things that are always forgotten, but are sometimes the most treasured and I just wanted to document a few of them right now while I had the chance.

With the Toone family and their tragedy with their 2 little girls, it just makes my heart want to burst with happiness for what I have. I am in awe of that family's strength and faith as they go through this horrible time in their lives. I saw the father making a statement the other night, and his composure and comfort was obvious all because of his faith in the atonement and Families are Forever. Anyway, I challenge all of you my friends and family to find gratitude in your hearts for all the things we have... the good and the bad, and hug those babies of ours a little tighter. Thank you all again for the overwhelming love and support you have shown us. Have a wonderful week ahead. :)

8 People Had Somethin' to Say:

Heather said...

She is GORGEOUS! Give yourself a little hug from me, and I hope things continue to get better and the blessings continue to flow for your sweet little family.

Lester Family said...

Oh Nicole, you are wonderful. There is something about a newborn baby...I call Henry our "little piece of Heaven"...that completely changes the dynamic and atmosphere in a home, a family. Oaklynn is precious, and your pictures are very good!!!

Rachele Funk said...

Absolutely stunning baby girl! Somehow I missed her birth, but congratulations! I pray that whatever challenges you've been facing that you remember to take care of you. We are not superhuman, we just think we are! Congratulations!

Katie Call-Sommer said...

She is so adorable!!

Nancy said...

The pictures are incredible. She is absolutely beautiful

Brandi said...

She's beautiful! Can't wait to see her! Congratulations!!!

The Herberts said...

She is so beautiful and I'm touched to read your post!! You are amazing and it's refreshing to hear your optimism - which it seems the world really lacks!! You're a rockstar!

Nick, Kristen, Kaysen, Breklyn and Brayden said...

She is beautiful and with all you have said about her she so much reminds me of my Breklyn. I hope she continues to be like Breklyn because she is a joy to have in our house. I am so glad you are doing well and I hope here acid reflux starts to calm down. I love ya tons Nicole. You are wonderful and such an inspiration to me and I am sure so many others!!!!