Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Favorite 6/28

I thought I had better clarify for everyone that yes I am pregnant. I am halfway done pretty much if I go to 38 weeks, which is as far as I went with Kadence and Kash. I am due sometime the first part of February, my mom's birthday is the 11th so she thinks I should just hold off until that day. I am guessing the 6th or 7th but that is just a wild guess. I don't care so long as I have a healthy baby and I am crossing my fingers for no NICU this time around. We wait a while to tell everyone just because I have had several past miscarriages, and it really stinks to have everyone know and excited and asking you about it, then you have to tell them you lost it.

I found out the beginning of July and was totally surprised, of course we had decided to hold off until Fall sometime when we knew Kade would for sure have a job and health insurance. We also wanted to make sure we had Kash all healthy and figured out before we threw a new baby into the mix. Heavenly Father always knows best though and obviously he had plans for us sooner than we had for ourselves. Also apparently thyroid medicine makes you more fertile and that always moves things along. :) We of course are excited and it was a relief on Aug 24th to get taken off "high risk" status and get the ok to start telling family and friends. That was my last appt and my wonderful Dr. said if he had to guess that day he would say the baby is a girl....BUT he would not tell us 100% until my next appt. because Kash was a "late bloomer" and he thought he was a girl at first as well. So we still don't know for sure what we are having, Kadence has talked about a baby sister for well over a year now. Its a daily conversation and sometimes she cries because she misses her. We barely told Kadence on Sunday when we celebrated her birthday; she of course is very excited and its like a light bulb went on in her head as to why my belly is getting bigger. My next appt is September 24th and we are all going as a family this time. Kade and I think it will be fun for her to see the baby on the monitor and to have her there when the doctor tells us what we are having. Also, we hope if it is a boy that hearing it from the doctor will make her less disappointed and believe it too. So that is our news.

My favorite thing today is: I love when we have plans for ourselves and our Heavenly Father steps in and corrects things when we are wrong or in this case when our timing is off.

16 People Had Somethin' to Say:

Nick, Kristen, Kaysen, Breklyn and Brayden said...

Congratulations girl! I am so excited for you and your cute family! I know I say this all the time, but you are so wonderful! I love you so much and am so grateful to have you in my life! If you need anything please let me know! Congrats again!!!

Bonnie said...

Congrats Nicole!! What great news! We will be praying for a healthy, happy delivery and baby!!Can't wait to hear what the gender is.

Brooke said...

I still am so so excited for you guys!! I'll be excited to hear what it is for sure. And I think I really want to try to get one of those visa cards I'm just nervous :-)...so I might be emailing you later!

Parry's said...

Congrats:] you knew all through all the planning of the HS reunion and at it. HAve you been sick? You look so good for being that far along. Keep us updated

Patty Sue Martin said...

Congratulations! I hope for Kadence that it is a girl. keep us posted.

Holly said...

What EXCITING news!!!! SO happy for your cute little family! This is one of my favorite quotes....

"When you don't get what you want it's because god thought of something better to give you."

Brandi said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! Clint will be excited too I bet. :) I can't believe you already have a Christmas countdown. ha ha You're funny.

The Herberts said...

Congrats Nicole! I hope you get away with a healthy baby and NO NICU stay this time as well! (It seems, in my experience anyway, those are hard to come by :) You looked great when I saw you at the HS reunion!!

Cin said...

Hi Nicole...this is Cindy Matthews! I am so excited for your great news about a sweet little one on the way...congrats to you and Kade! One thing is for sure...the baby will be beautiful, just like Kadence and Kash! Have a great day and thanks for sharing the good news!!

Lester Family said...

Nicole!!! Congratulations. You look wonderful...I hope you are feeling just as well. Just think...if it is a boy, you just get to have at least one more. These little girls know what they are talking about.

Brandy Jo said...

Congratulations!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness!!! Congrats congrats!!! Can't wait to hear more about what you are gonna have!

Dena Moon said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!

Brittany said...

YAY! Congrats! That is so exciting!

Skye and Jordon said...

Congrats! I am so happy that you are having a little one. That is so exciting! Hope all goes well for you! Keep us updated...!

Jena said...

Okay, for some sad reason I haven't checked your blog in such a long time, so I just barely read your news - congrats!!! I am so excited for you! I totally hear you on thinking we know what our 'plans' are ;-) and I couldn't imagine life without Trysten! Anyway, I hope you're doing well - take care!