Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Blogiversary & First Photo Shoot
















The tight wad in me came out last week, and I finally broke down and took my kids's pictures trying to make them look professional. It was so cold at my sisters wedding in December, when we did family pics that we didn't attempt to get the kids in their xmas clothes. I was so sad when I realized I never did get pictures of them. The thought of paying $100 + for two kids's pictures and dragging them an hour or so somewhere to sit and wrestle with them in a studio and try to fix car seat hair, just wore me right out. Let me tell you how wonderful it was to be able to take breaks whenever we wanted to, stop to get treats out of the pantry to bribe smiles, and not worry about the other one taking off through the mall while one was getting pictures taken. Much, much, better and FREE how can you complain. lol
So even though these don't say Kiddie Kandids or something on them... I am OK with how this round of pictures turned out and even more happy about the price and not spending a full day trying to get them done. :)

Time to Party!!
February 15th marked the 1 year mark for my blog... I can't believe a whole year has passed already. It really is shocking to me. So you know in light of the 1 Year mark we have to CELEBRATE!! I am so glad my friend Candie talked me into starting a blog! I am grateful for all the re-connections with friends I have made, for getting to know so many people I already knew EVEN better, for the convenience of keeping up with people and being inspired by them, and also just all the new and wonderful friends I have made. I want to thank you for following us this last year and being encouraging and offering help when it was needed.
To thank you I will be choosing two peoples comments and they will be receiving something fun! To enter the drawing, leave a comment with something that made you laugh on my blog this last year. Saturday I will choose the two winners and announce them. Thanks again and on to another fabulous year!

20 People Had Somethin' to Say:

Anonymous said...

Omg these pics and kids are adorable.

Megan said...

your kids are so cute i think kash really looks like your side.

Nick, Kristen, Kaysen, Breklyn and Brayden said...

I think my favorite post was the one where you saw Patrick Dempsey. I loved that one and besides I totally love him so I was totally jealous. :-) But really I just love to read your blog page and I am so glad I got to reconnect with you. You were wonderful in high school and just as wonderful or more now. :-) Congrats on the year!!!

Abby said...

Your kids are soo cute!
I love to blog and connect with those that I didn't in high school and I'm glad that I found your page. Congrats on the 1 yr mark.

de said...

OMG your chidren are adorable! They look like little adults! The pictures turned out beautiful! I am sure you are so proud!

These photos made me smile, does that count!?! Congrats on the blogiversary!

Brynn said...

Only one year of blogging and I feel like we've been BFF's forever already! Can't wait to finally meet you and your adorable kids!

Amanda and Kalon Downing said...

Darling pictures. Great Idea. I haven't had my kids pictures taken in so long. That is a great idea. Did you just drap a dark background behind them? They are adorable.

Meggie said...

You did a really great job on your pictures! They look so professional!
I think the funniest thing that you blogged about this year was seeing Patrick Dempsey at the airport. I would have loved to see him, but I just had to laugh at your story, because that's totally what I would've done!

Heather said...

Again CUTE Kids and Happy Anniversary!

Brandy Jo said...

So cute! You did a good job. And, I must say, I did the same thing a few months ago myself. It's nice to go to walmart and pick up your whole package for less than $5, 8x10's and all. I'm tired of not being able to scrap my photos the way I want to when I've gone to KK or anywhere else. I want to be able to print them in Sepia, B&W, cropped or whatever I want for a certain layout, whenever I want to. I have been so frustrated with how stringent Walmart has become. The last photo session I took in, where I took the photos, Walmart really gave me a bad time about copywright, so my next step is to come up with my own company name and a copywright release form so they will leave me alone about my own photos! They didn't want to believe I took them myself.

Bonnie said...

Adorable pictures! Are you for hire? I have a great website that you can download cool affects (like a color pop that I love) to use on your pictures. If your interested e-mail me! Congrats on your 1 year mark too! I love checking up on your cute ideas and stuff!

Holly said...

I think you did a great job on the pics! I'd be doing that more often if I were you!! :) Congrats on the blogiversary! Yeah for blogging!!

Audrey said...

You did a great job with the pictures! Cute, cute kids!

Dubb Days said...

I only started reading your blog this year, but I want you to know I totally agree with you--free pics are the best and they turned out just great! Kudos to you:) I love the red cheeks. My kids cheeks get red like that too in the winter time.

Katie Call-Sommer said...

I took Kynlee to sears to do her one year pics. These pics of your kids are also adorable!! Kadence has the reddish cute round cheeks!

Katie Call-Sommer said...

It was so cute when kash was ironing things with your old iron!!

The Douglas's said...

What cute kids. And you can't even tell that they aren't from kiddie kandis!

Carolyn said...

Your kids are adorable! Nice shots!
What makes me LOL is the comments you posted on your sidebar about what your kids do/say.. like when your son pooped in the shower and your daughter's cute way of telling you there was a problem. :)
Congrats on bloggin for a year! I love to visit yoU!
Hugs!

The Herberts said...

Awesome job on the pics. They look professional! Now, what's your secret?? Cute, cute kiddies!!

Nancy said...

The kids pictures are awaesome!