Tuesday, November 18, 2008

New Responsibility

So 2 weeks ago I was called to be the 2nd Counselor in Relief Society. I was pretty surprised and overwhelmed all at the same time honestly. They had already scheduled the next Enrichment night activity for November 19th (tomorrow) so I was really stressed about getting something planned and organized right away. Enrichment is what I am over and it has kind of been a bomb in our ward the ladies don't really participate that much, so the pressure is on. Thankfully a whole bunch of wonderful women gave me lots of great ideas and I decided to do a movie themed night and have 3 movies (classes). Nicole Patino and Holly Davis, amazing and creative women, (both blogs listed left) are heaven sent angels and helped me immensely. So here is a big THANK YOU to those women. I will post pictures of how everything turns out tomorrow night. Our three classes are Keeping Christ in Our Homes for the Holidays, Great Gifts for not a lot of Money, and Being Prepared and Self-Reliance. All with clever movie themes.

So I was put in as 2nd Counselor, then released after a week, we got a new bishopric and the bishop is the husband of the RS President. So they of course had to release her, call a new President, and then this last Sunday I was re-called into a new presidency with me again as the 2nd Counselor over enrichment. They didn't know whether that would happen or not. Its been interesting. lol

So if you are in my ward... I hope to see your smiling face tomorrow night, if your not.. wish me luck!

8 People Had Somethin' to Say:

Holly said...

I think YOU & NICOLE are the creative one! Geesh! You are too kind with your words! :) I would love you to be in charge of my ward's enrichment! :)

Lora said...

I'm sure that you will do an amazing job. I only know you "online" but what I've learned about you, I think that the call was truly inspired.

Good luck!!!

Brandy Jo said...

Good Luck! That would scare me. I have a difficult time with being in charge. You are so friendly and creative.

Brittany said...

That enrichment sounds so awesome! Good luck. To bad I'm not in Almy Ward anymore...i do miss it. Good luck with the new calling!

Lora said...

Hey Nicole, I need your email address again!!! I want to respond to you about my blog!!!

Patty Sue Martin said...

Oh my heavens that is so funny that is exactly what happened to me! Get called, released and put back in! How funny. Your enrichment sounds really good. I think you will get a good turn out. My advise is to pray a lot because that calling can be overwhelming, especially if your Enrichment committee starts fighting! I wanted to do a super Saturday, in our new ward, but apparently they don't do crafts!!

Parry's said...

You are going to do great! That is my moms calling in her ward going on six years. She does some fun stuff. Our ward does 4 things a month. so ya one a week. It was so fun to see you an your mom at the craft fair. And we are excited to use our Christmas Countdown!

Ti'ana said...

who is in the new bishopric?