Monday, August 4, 2008

Here is what my weekend consisted of....


Saturday morning I got up and took the kids into town to meet Leslie to get my copy of "Breaking Dawn". Lucky her, had went to the midnight release of it down in SLC and was kind enough to get me a copy. Kade had worked all night Friday, got home Saturday morning about 5am and went to sleep. When I got home I spent the rest of the morning "preparing" my house for total shut down. lol Made sure there was food prepared for dinner, clothes were washed, house clean, kids fed.... then laid kids down for naps about 2 and finally cracked open the book about 2:30. Kade headed back out to work on his projects so I sat and read off and on the rest of the night, guilt free. AND into the night. AND further into the night. Finally about 3 am I made myself stop reading and go to bed, except just my luck Kash got up and 4 and he and I were up until 6:30. Then I had to get up at 7:30 to get ready for church, so I was punished for my lack of responsibility and had to function all day yesterday on no sleep literally and only 100 pages left of the book. Last night after Kash's bday party though I was able to lay back down after everyone was asleep and read the rest of the book. Fabulous! Is all I am going to say. Some people are not liking it... I LOVED it. Thought it was one of the best ever, the twists are just spectacular. The best part of it all was at the end of this book, I never felt the "Twilight Depression" as people are calling it. I moped around for days after the 3rd book, felt like half my life was over because you just get so attached to the characters. It is the strangest feeling for me to get that into a book. At least with this last book of the series there is closure and I was happy with the ending and I feel great. No Edward withdraws at all. lol

Kade left for work Saturday at 2:30 pm like I said, and was walking in the door Sunday morning as I was leaving for church at 8:30. I dont know how he does it!!
He said that he had cut his finger a little bit and it was bothering him. By that afternoon he had a fever and his finger was showing cellulitis on it and he was MISERABLE. He was so sick and pale and achy. He was wearing a sweatshirt and long sleeved shirt in AUGUST!! I ended up taking him into the Emergency Room after Kash's party, and they gave him a quick shot in the butt to get the anti-biotics immediately in him and then started him on a 3 X's a day antibiotic. That teenie tiny cut has caused him a severe infection that had we let it go could have resulted in the loss of his finger or even hand. I am so glad we took him in. I feel bad now for being kind of mean and un-compationate. I thought.. oh toughen up its a cut on your finger! What a witchy wife I am!

5 People Had Somethin' to Say:

Jena said...

I finally got to start reading today - I can't believe you're done!!! I can't wait to finish it!

Jena said...

BTW - hope the finger and hubby are feeling all better!

Maureen said...

I got the book saturday afternoon, and did about the same thing you did, except I don't have to worry about anything else. I stayed up 'til like 1ish then had to get up sunday morning around 4 to work so I could make it home for church. Finally after church I finished it. I loved it too!!! Now I will probably have to re-read it so I remember everything.

by Jana McMurdie said...

OH!!! I love those books! I read all three in a week and I need to get a copy of the new one! I bet it is wonderful just like the rest! I love Edward!

Ronda said...

I laughed your whole post becuase I know exactly how you feel! I love love love this book!!!