Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another lake trip








Monday we took another trip to the lake. Kade didn't sleep all night Sunday night and his feet were killing him Monday. He is so overwhelmed with work and stuff he needs to be doing, I knew if he stayed home he would be doing stuff he shouldn't be doing. Besides, it has been way too long since he has done something fun with the kids and I. Soo, I TOLD him we were taking the kids to the lake, and just as expected he argued and did not want to go. We were both worried about sand getting in his open holes in his feet, but I kept telling him we would be careful and he could just leave socks on. He continued to argue but it was more just in fun and to irritate me, so I did my best to ignore it and just packed his stuff up and nothing more was said about it. We invited Cally to come with us and she and Bowdy met us and then we followed each other over. The kids had a blast and the weather really was great. It was very warm but not scorching and uncomfortable. As we were pulling up to the beach Kade got this great idea that he needed to rent a jet ski and that is what he would do while we played on the beach. It actually turned out really fun, we all took turns taking rides and the kids had a blast playing together and took their turns on the jet ski. We stayed longer than I had thought we would and all in all it was a great time.

Wednesday: Kade went back to work yesterday, he couldn't keep up on his pain meds at work though so he came home in the early afternoon and slept until 7 pm, I finally went and woke him up. They just knock him out. Last night every two hours I got up and gave him one instead of two Lortab's and this morning he was doing so much better. A little pain but not dragging butt. His feet look gross, and he went to the doctor yesterday, he said they would be sore for a week or so more but they looked ok. This week he is just trying to get the new transmission into our truck and practicing roping when he can. He has several ropings coming up over the next few weekends that we have to look forward to.

6 People Had Somethin' to Say:

Jenn said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast at the lake, what FUN!!! :D Glad to hear Kade is doing better!!! I also wanted to comment on your blog layout...I LOVE IT!!! I just love the pics of your kiddos, they are just so precious!!! :D

Brooke said...

Brittany and I just decided that you guys have the cutest kiddos ever! And what a cute family! I love all the stuff you do together :-) That is too bad about Kade's feet...good thing he has a good nurse like you!

Kisha said...

Nicole you have the cutest kids! your daughter is soo photogenic! And I love the tooshy shot! LOL

Sorry about your DH - hope he heals up nice and quick!

Kisha

Brandy Jo said...

I love your website and pictures. I so struggle with taking photos, and I'm too busy to figure out photoshop to make them look a little better. Thanks for sharing!

Kari said...

I don't think it has been said enough... your children are absolutely adorable!

Maureen said...

So, I think that my mom has some pictures of you and Matt when you where about that age and we all used to go to the lake together. They are pretty cute. Hope Kade is doing better.