Saturday, July 12, 2008

My new job is a nurse....



I hope these pictures don't gross anyone out, I just wanted to share with you what my poor 27 year old, 240 pd. baby is dealing with this weekend. Kade went in Friday afternoon and had a bunch of warts and corns removed from his feet. He is a machinest and is on his feet all day long 10-15 hrs a day and they have been really causing him pain by the end of the day. Enough pain, that he decided to endure the pain he is going through now, to hopefully have pain free days in a couple weeks. I feel so bad for him right now, the biggest hole is seriously the size of a quarter and probably almost 1/2 inch deep. All the rest of them you could fit a pencil in, and then the tiny ones around the big hole are just small ones that were burned out. I took these last night when he got home, he left the doctors office and then went and roped until 9 at night. Needless to say...he was pretty miserable. I told him I hoped it was worth it! He doesn't complain though, I just know him well enough to see it on his face especially when he is limping around. It took him a long time to get to sleep last night and then he got called into work at 3am, he is on call this week. He got all dressed to go in, I was worried about how he was going to stand around his machines, thankfully as he was walking out the door they called and said nevermind they didn't need him.

Needless to say, I am becoming a great nurse, dressing and re-dressing those fleshy holes and becoming an even better waitress. ;)

10 People Had Somethin' to Say:

Kariberry said...

OMG that look so painful!!! & Gross. I hope he heals fast, poor thing. You are a good nurse! :) Tell him... Get Well Soon! Will be praying for his healing!

Erin said...

that looks like it hurts extremely bad!! I hope it pays off in the end, I can't imagine. I bet you are doing a great job as a nurse and waitress. Hope all things go well!!

Catherine said...

Hi Nicole! I'm glad I found your blog, you are so cute! I hope Kade feels better soon, that looks awful.

The Douglas's said...

Hey Nicole. How are ya? Ouch, that looks like it hurts way bad! Well good thing you can nurse him back to health :) Hope he gets feeling better

Jena said...

Oh, OUCH - that looks so painful - and yes, gross ;-)

Hey, did you get my e-mail update/reply I finally sent a couple days ago - I just want to make sure this one went through! I hope you have a great week - take care!

Kim said...

Wow, that looks so painful! I hope he has a quick recovery with his feet! Ouch!

Audrey said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! That looks so terrible. Hang in there...both of you!

McCabe Family said...

Hey Nicole, I can't believe how many people are "bloggers". Your family is so cute and it looks like you are doing great. Those pictures look so painful, but he is lucky he has a good nurse. I just finished nurse duty this week...my husband had his tonsils out on July 3rd. Well good to catch up. Take care.
Cami

Jenn said...

Oh my, that looks soooo painful! I know how it feels, I had one removed when I was in junior high because it bothered me all the time and I played sports too, so all that running really made it hurt! I really hope your husband gets to feeling better and hope it heals fast!!! What a good nurse you are to be taking such good care of him! :D

Unknown said...

I think it is water infection.....Nurse Job