Monday, June 30, 2008

Our Zoo Trip





Saturday we decided to brave the zoo. We got up early and headed down to Salt Lake to Hogle Zoo. We wanted to get there when it opened hoping we could be done before it got super hot. Kadence loved the zoo this time more than any other, she is old enough now to know the animals and walk by herself and appreciate it all more. She had a blast. My mom and sister Elise and her friend Justin went with us. Kash wasn't too thrilled all day, he wants to just walk so bad and didn't like being in the stroller all day long. Besides that he really needed a nap and wouldn't go to sleep in the stroller. It was probably too hot for him. He did however LOVE the elephants and the elephant show. He was thrilled. Squealing and holding his arms out like you can see from the picture. I think that was the highlight of his day. There was a Jaguar that was pacing back and forth against the glass right up close to the kids and Kadence thought that was need to be that close to him, and she liked the Zebras and the merry go round. After the zoo we went and saw my grandma for a visit, and then on home to meet my grandpa who was up here from Colorado, we went to dinner. So all in all....it was a very busy, hot, but fun day! The kids and my mom and I were exhausted by the time we finally got home. Now I have more pictures to be behind on in scrapping. Yay!

3 People Had Somethin' to Say:

by Jana McMurdie said...

Oh I'm so glad you left me a comment! I'm SO excited you're a blogger as well! And also, I can't wait for breaking dawn either! I love those books! Yay now that you are a blogger we get to stay in touch even more than just at church! love ya!

Love jana

ps. your blog is so cute! i love it!

Audrey said...

You area trooper to brave that long of a day with kids! Hats off to you!

Vonney said...

I love going to the Zoo! How long of a drive is it for you?