Sunday, June 22, 2008

Highlights of our weekend....

What an exhausting but super super fun weekend we have had. I am exhausted and I am a grown woman!! My kids have been so good for all the running around we have done. Friday we met at a local park for lunch with all my family. Kadence never left the slide the whole time. We then broke away and some of us went to Bear Lake, it is in Utah and is beautiful. Back to my old stomping grounds... where I grew up. Anyway, the weather was perfect for the beach, not too hot but warm enough to make the 60 water tolerable which neither of my kids minded one single bit. I couldn't keep Kash out of it all...the sand, water, mud, etc. This was his first time there and first sand experience and he ate it up....... LITERALLY. :) Like most kids, they just want to eat it all, I am sure he will have sea shells and sand in his diaper for days to come. Kadence was down playing by the water and I was up on the beach visiting with my cousin and I look up to Kadence streaking carrying her swimsuit in her hand.... everyone was laughing hysterically. "Mom, I got sand in my bum and I do not like it! " "Clean it!!" I will put a picture on here but the cuter ones... sadly because of all the strange perverts out there, I guess I won't get to share. Cute tooshy and all.


My sister was with me thankfully she helped me all weekend with the kids. Kash was not his usual super easy, cheerful self. I think it is still teeth maybe trying to come through? He still doesn't have any, Kadence never got any until she was like 13 months. But he is not happy. He is a mommy's boy and so whiny, it makes me grateful for his much easier moments. After the lake we went back to the park and ate a wonderful dinner and played a couple of games. I had to leave early just because my kids were so pooped and they didn't want to just sit quietly with their arms folded while I played with the adults. Plus Kade had came home from work and took a nap (from like 5pm-9pm) and then was headed back into work to pull an all nighter and he wanted to see the kids for 5 minutes before he left again.

Saturday we all went down a little before lunch to attempt family pictures. My cousin Angie takes amazing pictures, she is very talented, and she was gracious enough to sacrifice some of her vacation time to take pictures of our family AND get eaten alive by mosquitos in the process. She took a ton in the 30 minutes we could stand the mosquitos so we are crossing our fingers for ONE good one that we can blow up and use. We have never had a family picture and decided it was time to have one. So when I get the cd from her I will post the good ones, hopefully there are some with out us swatting at our arms and Kadence with her tongue out and Kash whining. Is it even possible?!? Then we headed over to "help" my dad get the dutch oven lunch done, it was our families turn to cook. He of course had everything going and looking delicious when we got there. At least I got to turn chicken on the bbq for a while...that was my contribution. My dad is THE best dutch oven cooker ever. His potatoes and chicken and cobbler and vegetables....MMMmmmmm. I also heard that his bbq'd pork ribs were to die for, Kade LOVED them. I will just take his word for it.

4 People Had Somethin' to Say:

Erin said...

Sounds like you had a great time!! The beach stories are so funny, my kids always ate the sand too. The streaking child is so cute, they are so innocent.

Sanela Kubiak said...

Hi, I like your blog and I have to say you have such a beautiful family. Later. Sanela

Kendra said...

Hey Nicole, it's Kendra. I just found your blog while looking at other's so I thought I'd say hi! Your kids are absolutely darling! Looks like you're keeping busy with the two of them! It's nice to catch up once in a while and see what you're up to!

Stacy said...

You've been busy! Glad to hear the beack was a fun experience!