Thursday, October 7, 2010

You have GOT to try this!!





Since I am posting favorites lately, I cannot forget to share this.




Do you ever feel like you have no time for anything anymore? Do you have oodles of pictures of family, friends, kids, etc that you have no idea what you are going to do with them? Do you want to put them in a nice book but don't know where to start, how to go about it, are overwhelmed with how behind you are, and just don't flat have the time and money? WELL NO MORE!




Here is a little how my life went in this regard. When Kadence was born I had the un-controllable urge to take pictures of EVERYTHING!! So if I took a picture of something to do with her... there were 10 pictures of the event. Talk about overload. I also was staying home with her only, and what else is there to do with your 1st besides play, play, and hold and cuddle those little ones? So I scrapbooked. I became a consultant for Close To My Heart after seeing one of their amazing catalogs, and I started scrapbooking EVERYTHING. She has 4 full albums just of her first year and a half. Then baby #2 comes along. Baby #2 + 2 year old Kadence = no more scrapbooking. Kash was sick and a very high maintenence baby due to his health problems and then having a rambunctious 2 year old running everywhere too. I could no longer leave my scrapbook projects out on the table or my supplies unless I wanted Kadence to re-arrange them for me and snack on my supplies. I tried many times with very little success to get an album done for Kash. I started digital scrapbooking when I could, using another company's program and designing my own in my photo editing program. It was way easier for this busy mom. No mess out on my kitchen table for kids to get into, and it was faster for me. I also loved not having to print out photos before I could do my pages. They were already loaded on my computer and ready to go and it was cheaper for my tight pocketbook. Even though I hated paying $1.99 (which was the cheapest I ever found) per page for printing and then shipping on top of that.




Then came my new love. When I was pregnant with Oaklynn, last fall, Close To My Heart did what they always do... they came up with a cutting edge software to compete with the new digi rave. It was open for consultants to use so they could work out the bugs and get feedback before launching it to the public. When they first launched it, it was $12.95 for a 2 page layout + shipping. I wasn't all that excited about it... because I thought it was way too expensive for 1 layout. I never tried it the first few months it was offered. Then they gave consultants a discounted price on 10 layouts to get us to try them out and get them in our hands. So I thought, what the heck. IT. WAS. AWESOME. I loved it. Easy, Simple to use, quick, beautiful work. Did I mention Easy and Fast? I ordered all 10 of mine, and was even more impressed once I saw the quality. Then I was disappointed because I knew I wouldn't be able to continue the use for $12.95 a layout! Geez! THEN CAME THE GREAT DAY!!




Close To My Heart listened to their consultants like always and made Studio J even more awesome and MORE AFFORDABLE!!! I was sooo excited. Which sorry to all of you that have heard this 100 times, but this is a big deal for me. lol They started their members only program. It makes layouts only $6.50 (for 2 pages), FREE shipping, FREE digital kits (no more buying kits digitally and then trying to coordinate them and mix and match them with each other), FREE pre-made layouts, FREE page protectors for each layout, FREE jpeg files of each layout to store and make sharing easy, and FREE use of the software (you can crop, change color of photos and enhance). FREE, FREE, FREE...the list goes on. Of course like with every membership, you have to buy the membership. BUT they made that affordable too!! They give 3 options.

Full Retail
You’ve taken the photos—now keep the memories. In five easy steps, create beautiful 12" × 12" two-page layouts showcasing your stories. When the custom prints arrive at your door, slip them into your cherished albums. No one will guess it only took a few minutes to design them!

Purchase Option Price
Per two-page, custom-printed layout $13.00 US / $15.00 CAN
Shipping per box of up to 20 layouts $5.95 US / $13.95 CAN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Membership
Save an amazing 50% off retail price by becoming a Studio J® member. Only members receive free JPG files of their layouts with each purchased custom-printed layout and also have the option to purchase JPG files separately. JPG files come in both high resolution and thumbnail sizes to print, share, or archive. Membership comes with other perks like exclusive patterns, kits, and free Memory Protectors®. On top of all that, members also get free shipping on their monthly order of 4 to 20 layouts in the continental US or 7 to 20 layouts in Canada and non-continental US shipping zones. For full details, see the FAQ.

Membership Option Price:




12-Month membership $99.00 US / $115.00 CAN
3-Month membership $30.00 US / $35.00 CAN
Per two-page, custom-printed layout $6.50 US / $7.50 CAN
Per two-page JPG file $3.00 US / $3.50 CAN
Minimum layouts per order for free shipping 4 (continental US)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5-Pack
A 5-pack includes 5 two-page, custom-printed layouts, 5 Memory Protectors, and free shipping. Ideal for gift giving, or as an affordable way to try Studio J for the first time.

Purchase Option Price
5-Pack $55.00 US / $73.00 CAN




***So I will break it down for you: $99 a year for membership is what I did. Break it down, that is only $8.25 a month, for the software, unlimited use, access to all digital kits, embellishments, tempates, designs, etc. FREE shipping and FREE page protectors. Even another good trial for those of you that just want to see if you like it, the 3 months for $30 would be worth it and affordable. $10 a month for 3 months for all the same perks and the $6.50 member pricing. Then at the end of 3 months it will just automatically charge $10 a month until you cancel. So you dont have to front $99 if you dont want to. If you know you will love it, like I did... Then the $99 would save you $20 a year.




The 5 pack is another good starter option, it just makes it $11 a layout instead of the $6.50 a layout. So you would pay $55 for 5 layouts.




LAST but not least, you can try it for free and see if its even something you are interested in, but I warn you.... YOU WILL LOVE IT! To sign up or give it a FREE try go to my website: Nicoles Scrap Corner, Then you can either select "create an account" OR " I'm not ready to create an account. Try it out" Then it will let you access Studio J and create a layout.




Am I giving you a sales pitch? Yes I am. Do I love it? YES absolutely. Is it a great deal? Do the math and you decide. All the ways I have done paper layouts & digital layouts this is cheaper. Would I recommend this to my friends? ..... I Just Did!




Because of Studio J, I am totally current on Oaklynn, Kadence is done up to 4 years, and Kash is so excited. He has his very own album! Yay! I still have a lot to catch up on him, but at least I am not falling behind on everyone. I am able to do current things while they are fresh in my mind AND then go back and work on catching up. All from the comfort of my own bed, watching my favorite tv show, and in my pj's.




**For those of you locally who would like more information, tomorrow night at my mom's I am showing on the computer all the ins and outs and giving a little presentation of Studio J so you can see it for yourself. I also am bringing many of my completed pages for you to view the quality and beauty yourself.




Mom's house, 6:00 p.m.




Also will be a presentation at my house and in Evanston in the near future.




If you have any questions call me, or email me at sammi_nickel@yahoo.com. Hopefully, we will see you tomorrow at my mom's.

3 People Had Somethin' to Say:

Amy and Andrew Monson said...

I tried it out- it was fun :) Does it print out as a solid page or is it all layery? I wasnt sure how it worked.

Carolyn said...

Such Sweet layous!! I LOVE your Blog background it's so pretty!! Where did you get it?
And being a CTMH Consultant myself I have yet to try Studio J. From what I've heard it very easy.
I'm starting to get into digi scrapbooking through Jessica SPrague. I bought a package last year and did one page.
TFS your awesome work!!

by Jana McMurdie said...

I need a little tutorial. Let me know when you are doing the one in Evanston and I will try, try, try to make it!