Thursday, October 15, 2009

Finally 1 project finished



Last night I finally got to sit down and sew this skirt, that the material has been sitting out for over a week now. Its nothing fancy but it turned out pretty, darn cute. I love that I can go buy fabric and elastic, and sew something cute for like $3 you really can't beat that. Anyway its nothing fancy, but my 4 year old loves it, so thats all that matters to me. For my 3rd sewing project 3 hrs wasn't too shabby for this one compared to the stupid 4th of July one that took me like 8. I have a little bit of material left over; I might try and whip out another one for like a 6 mo. old. Anyway, its been fun to be home and relax with my kids... enjoy their company and not have a million things going on. However that ends next week. :(


I took these pics quickly of my kids this morning as we rushed out the door to (gasp) get the flu and swine flu shots. I know there is a lot of controversy over the sf shot and all I can say is make a decision you think is right and pray hard for confirmation it is right for your family. It has weighed heavily on Kade and I for a good 3 weeks now as we have 2 high risk individuals in our household. Me being pregnant, and Kash with his immune deficiency, are both prime candidates for the virus to effect us harshly. Poor Kadence has had to suffer and miss pre-school for 2 weeks now and primary, because we can't have her bringing anything home to us until we are all protected. A week ago I had decided we would not be getting it, that I would rather take our chances on getting sick than take chances on the vaccine. That is plain silly. There is a lot of information being passed around some of it is very scary. I think its good to stop and think about things before you do them. However, with some effort and research and prayer I found 95% of the info to be incorrect, blown out of proportion, and down right not true. I encourage you all to do your own studying and not believe everything media and even some health officials are saying. Dig deep and study what the CDC says as they have the accurate information and then you decide if the risks are worth taking. I know my decision is my decision and may not be right for you and your family. All I know is I will be sleeping better tonight than I have for weeks, and will be rejoicing in 2 weeks when all the shots are actually effective. Now to just stay healthy until then. :)
*** Here is a link off of my OB's website that has tons of links of good, accurate info. if you are interested in looking into it further. http://www.colwc.com/swineflu.asp. I trust my OB with all my heart, and he is one of the people that turned my opinion around because he was very concerned with his pregnant patients getting the shot. Good luck and I hope you all stay healthy!!


Kash wanted his pics taken too since I was taking Kadence's.
He is such a stinker. :)

8 People Had Somethin' to Say:

Brynn said...

Trevor and I got shot tonight! No piggies at our house :)

Katie Call-Sommer said...

that outfit is so cute! your kids are adorable!! thanks for the swine flu shot info!! I've been worried about it and I defiantly think i'm going to get it for kynlee and possibly britton and I. thanks!

Parry's said...

wow darling skirt and kids. .funny i have been contemplating and i have not got a confirmaion yet .....

Meggie said...

Nicole,
Sorry I didn't get you called back. I got your message last night, but it was late, and I've had a crazy day today. We missed Kadence at school, but I completely understand. I've been worrying too about what to do about the sf shot. I'm still not quite sure, but I do worry about the preschool kids spreading it to me and then Avery getting, so I don't know. Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll do my research.

Sandra said...

That came out so cute!!!!!!

Dubb Days said...

Adorable skirt--someday I will learn to seew. I think the craft/skills gene choose to live in my sisters and just skip me. Oh well. How adorable is your little guy in his hat and boots--too cute.

Candie said...

Cute skirt! I knew you could do it!

Bonni and Pete said...

first off, the skirt is adorable! my sister-in-law gave me a super easy cute sewing project for halloween. It's a halloween pillowcase and then the kids can use it for trick or treating, maybe I'll post pictures

about the swine flu shot. I had this conversation with one of my brothers this week who is a GP in Idaho, he highly encourages ALL pregnant women to get the vaccination. Out of the 100 cases reported from pregnant women 30 of them have been fatal. 30% mortality rate is a way too high and to scary to take chances, so I'm glad you got the shot!