Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Multiple Favs 8/28

I finally had 5 minutes to snap some pictures of some more of my favorite things right now....

I LOVE my scentsy burners, and my all time favorite scent is Coconut Lemongrass. It makes my house smell clean and fresh, and is not too over powering. I only use about the size of a penny and it lasts plenty long. My friend Kristen sells it and you can contact her or order online at http://www.scentsy.com/kristenm. This is the yummiest ice cream ever!! And its cheap, I just got it at Wal-Mart.
If you don't have one of these, I have no idea how you even function or do your housework. This is a Pampered Chef mini-spatula and I bought 2 or 3 last year when they were on clearance for cheap. I started out using them for the traditional spatula needs, and then soon found they have many, many other uses. My favorite use ever is to scrape on the top of my counter. You know when you wipe your counter and there is always some dried junk or food from the kids that is dried on. Well just turn this handy-dandy spatula over, and it will scrape right off. It makes thinks much easier and doesn't scratch your counter. No more soaking rags on the dried stuff or scraping with your fingernails. It is also fabulous when I mop my floor to scrape things out of the corners or that are dried on there too. I used it a couple weeks ago when I defrosted my freezer and it helped so much. Anyway, maybe my house is the only one that has dried crud sometimes.... and thats ok. Even still I LOVE this tool.
Ok this is a totally NEW favorite for me. I had never had frozen grapes before. If you haven't had them either.... they are an EASY must try!! They are my new sweet treat when I am trying to avoid a bunch of candy. My kids love them, and I am excited to have a new idea when they are starting to get mushy, and we just can't eat them fast enough; I will throw them in the freezer to keep them longer.
1. Wash a bunch of grapes then lay them out on a paper towel or something where they can air dry completely.
2. Throw them on a cookie sheet and pop them in the freezer for a couple hours. It really doesn't take long at all before you have a sweet, refreshing, yummy snack.
3. Either snack on them a few at a time right off the cookie sheet, or I just throw mine in a ziplock back and keep them in the door of the freezer. Then we just grab some by the handfulls and toss them in sandwich bags when we want a snack. They are awesome.

5 People Had Somethin' to Say:

Heather said...

Those are all some of my favorite things too- except the ice-cream.
I have never tried it, but I will trust you know what your saying and go out and get some!

Nancy said...

It is no wonder we get along so well. We share the same favorite sense and pampered Chief spatula but I just finished defrosting the freezer and used a dang butter knife that kept slipping and jabbing me. I'll know better next time. I love your pictures from yesterday. I was thinking of doing the same thing after going through the photo albums and finding so many cute pictures.

Nick, Kristen, Kaysen, Breklyn and Brayden said...

OMGosh! Thanks so much Nicole for having Scentsy be a favorite and for putting my website on there! I really appreciate it! I will have to try the ice cream and spatula! But I totally dig the frozen grapes! :-)

Dubb Days said...

I have been eating frozen grapes forever and I too love them! I love it when they just start to thaw. So good!

Annie said...

I have recently used my spatula for scraping off wall paper border.