Saturday, May 9, 2009

1 Day Down

Yesterday morning I got my tonsils out, we had to be to Ogden by 7 so it was an early morning. The surgery went well, the Dr. was outstanding, and the recovery nurse couldn't have been any better. After the surgery the Dr. came out and told Kade that he was very surprised how many pockets and pits were actually in my tonsils, and that he is very optomistic that there will be vast improvment in my glands and lymph nodes from getting them removed. (crossing fingers) The anesthesia made me very, very sick and I have been fighting nausea ever since more so than the pain. Today has been a little better, but I haven't stayed on top of the pain medicine because I can't stand to be sick to my stomach, I would rather have the pain. Kade has been taking EXCELLENT care of me and it is amazing all the wonderful people in my life that have expressed concern through phone calls, texts, emails, and visits. You are all so sweet. I found some nausea meds from my pregnancys so I have been taking them and they have helped for the most part so that has made today a lot more bareable. My sweet mother has been here today helping me with the kids and I have mostly laid and gotten much needed rest.

I am not on my death bed though and I am just taking things 1 day at a time. Sooo 1 down almost 2 down.... checking them off the recovery list. :) And from what I hear.. the worst is NOT over yet and is still to come. Yay can't wait... Bring-It-On! (thats the meds talking :)

I must add, Thursday night when I tucked Kadence in:

Me: "Josh will be here in the morning with you when you wake up,because I am getting my tonsils out, but Dad and I will be home after lunch ok?"
Kadence: "Ok mom"
Me: "Goodnight, I love you to pieces! Always remember that."
Kadence: " I will always remember that mom, and I also remember that you are going to the hospital tomorrow and YOU remember mom 'Big Girls Don't Cry'".
Me: "Ok thanks Kadence, goodnight."

9 People Had Somethin' to Say:

Meggie said...

Glad your doing okay. Hang in there. I hope you get well soon. Your other post where you said that you aren't baby hungry reminded me that Kadence told me that she was going to get a baby sister. :)

Nancy said...

Only you could blog while being nauses and almost on your death bed. Keep smilen!

Heather said...

Oh you poor thing- get better soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jena said...

I wondered when you were going to do that - hope you're feeling better soon!

by Jana McMurdie said...

Oh I was wondering when you were getting your tonsils out. I'm sorry that is not a fun experience and please let me know if i can bring you anything. it could give me an excuse to buy icecream and otter pops and all sorts of fun stuff ;) Feel better though!

ps...i loved Kadence's comment lol I want to take her home with me!

Meggie said...

Nicole,
I was just wondering if you were still planning on having Kadence do the program. We are going to have a short practice tomorrow at 10. It would be good if she could be there, but she can still be in the program if she doesn't make it. Just let me know what you are thinking. Hope you're feeling okay.

Brooke said...

Oh what a deal...tonsils out....YUCK! Hope you get feeling better soon :-) Thanks for all the links for the digi stuff too! I love deals like that :-)

The Pugmire's said...

I am soooo sorry!! I had to have my tonsils out a little over 4 years ago and it was miserable especially once I hit day number 5, but I stopped getting strep every month! Shaylee had hers out about 18 months ago and she hasn't been sick sense. So once you make it through the miserable two weeks I hope everything is smooth sailing like it has been for us!!

Carolyn said...

Wow, I haven't visited you in a while. Hope your feeling better!
Did you ever get your Touchpad upgrade?... Dell??