Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Birthday





My birthday was last Friday the 15th. To answer Jena's questions I turned 27, I also was born in '81 and I was born in Salt Lake City. So we were pretty close. :) I had a good day, we got up in the morning and went down to Candie's. She had arranged for a babysitter to watch the girls and we took Kash with us to Orem, UT and headed to the mall to Archivers. I have never been before, and it is a fabulous scrapbook store and I can't wait to go back!! I got some fun stuff, I will take some pictures and post later of all my darling cards I have received and presents and stuff I bought myself at Archivers. ;) What better present can you give then a trip to an awesome scrapbook store!! We ate lunch and headed back and then the kids and I headed home. It was a looong day but fun.
Kade ended up working very late, he was on call last week so he never got home until around 9:30 that night. My mom and sisters came over, and we had our own little bday party for me. Since it was about 9 pm, my kids were in bed, and we just hung out for a little bit. Elise got me a darling shirt (shown in the picture) and a bag of swedish fish candies.. that I love! Kade got me a gorgeous necklace, he has wonderful taste in clothes and jewelry, I am lucky that way. BUT I must say that THE BEST present I got and something I have wanted for a long time was from my Mom, Dad, and my Grandma Chloe! If I wasn't so tired and wasn't trying to be quiet I would have jumped up and down and squealed like a kid on xmas. In that large box are three small boxes that contain all the pieces to the Willow Statues nativity scene. It is gorgeous and for those of you that really know me, you know that it is just SO me. I was so thrilled!! I don't care that it isn't Xmas I am putting it up in my room right away to look at the rest of the year. It was a wonderful weekend and the celebrations have just kept on coming. Thanks to everyone for the sweet emails, cards, phone calls, and gifts. I just love you all. Thanks also to my Grandpa Doug and Nancy and Aaron (my in-laws) for my birthday money too!!

Again I will be taking pictures throughout the week of the rest of my wonderful treats that I have received.

14 People Had Somethin' to Say:

Stacy said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday! :-)

Carolyn said...

Happy Be-lated BD girlfriend!! Where have i been?? I'm still not getting updates from your blog. Chat later oK.

The Herberts said...

Happy Birthday Nicole! It's terrible getting old, isn't it?! I didn't enjoy my birthday this year at all! It sounds like you had a pretty fun one...good for you!

Brittany said...

Happy(late) Birthday to you! I love the Nativity! I actually have it too! I love, love, love it!

Sounds like you had a fantastic day! Good for you!

Kisha said...

*Gasp* The Willow Tree Nativity Set? You leave me breathless - what a fabulous surprise and gift, and if I were you, I'd probably be setting it out now too!

Happy Birthday!

Kisha

Vonney said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a fun day!

Kari said...

Happy Belated birthday ...Lucky girl... I love the Willow Tree figurines... and have Nativity Envy.

Nick, Kristen, Kaysen, Breklyn and Brayden said...

Happy Birthday girl!! I am so glad you had a wonderful day and got what you wanted. I love that nativity set too. I have secretly wanted it for a while too.

Erin said...

Happy late birthday!! I am glad you got the things you wanted and you had a great day!

Audrey said...

I'm so jealous..I love the willow creek nativity! Happy late birthday!

The Douglas's said...

Happy Happy birthday. Glad you had a good one

Meggie said...

Hey Nicole! Happy belated b-day! your blog is so cute! Emily and I were wondering about that bow website you were telling us about. We were wondering if you could tell us what it is. Thanks a bunch. You can just comment it on my blog if you don't mind! Thanks!

Inkey Pingers said...

Happy Birthday Nicole! It's nice to hear that you had a great day. I love your blog so I just thought I'd stop in and say Hi!

Rachele Funk said...

Happy Birthday! Sadly I'm over 10 years older, but my birthday was July 22nd which is pretty close! I turned 38 this year which is getting too close to 40 for my comfort!