Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!






We had a great weekend here at the Martin house, I hope you all did as well! Saturday Kade stayed home and we hung out around the house and got some cleaning done, he took Kadence for a couple of hours and helped his uncle finish branding cattle. I got a lot done, cleaning, scrubbing, washing rugs, sheets, curtains, mopped floors, and finished Mother's Day projects. Sunday we had a nice relaxing day too, we went to church, I got released from the Primary a couple of weeks ago so currently I don't have a calling. Kadence made me a darling Mothers Day picture in Nursery, then we went down to my mom and dad's for dinner and presents. It was a fun time. Later that evening we went to Kade's parents and gave his mom her present I made and spent about an hour there visiting. His mom goes in for knee replacement surgery this morning so we have her on our mind and in our prayers. She is 64, and in really good health besides her knee. We are hoping this really helps her feel better.


Anyway, for Mothers Day, Kade got me a new camera!! Something I have wanted for about a year now. It shipped out on Friday so I think it should be here today or tomorrow. I got a Nikon D60, it came with two lenses, a case, some learning dvd's, AND the website had a mothers day special too that I got a free photo printer with my purchase. Soo....I can't wait to start taking pictures and learning how to make mine so much better. My mother gave me a wonderful book by President Hinkley that has the most beautiful pictures in it, and my sister gave me another book called "I am a Mother" by Jane Clayson Johnson. I can't wait to read both of them!!


Anyway here are the projects I made for Mothers Day, one of them I can't disclose who it is for yet. I made my mom and my mother in law desk calendars with CTMH's new little albums. They turned out cute. The pictures are TERRIBLE, I am sorry I couldn't get them not to blur. Some are awful. But they really did turn out nice and I think they both really liked them.

1 People Had Somethin' to Say:

Kariberry said...

Those are Adorable LO. Your kids are Soo Soo Cute!
Enjoy your new camera & photo printer. :)